Built: 1927 Owner: Arjen and Kristin Kuyper Square Footage: 1,890
Period Revival cottage
Detached workshop matches home exterior
Once close to Interurban trolley line on Plumas
This beautiful brick Period Revival cottage, located on a corner lot in O'Brien's Southbrae Addition, was built by Charles H. Hancock, building contractor, as were so many other homes in this part of the city. Hancock was a prolific builder, known for his solid, well-crafted homes. This one was first the home of the Mulheron family, then the Thomas Heany home for more than 30 years. Heany was an accountant, but sold automobiles for many years at Revada Sales Co., specializing in Reo and Star automobiles. Today's owners Joni Dickson and Jerry Valenti have beautifully furnished it to show the lovely architecture to its best advantage. They have added a detached workshop with the intent of exactly matching the style of the home. When the property was put up for sale in 1991, the ad read: "Brick Beauty in Old SW Reno," a description that is just as apt today.