A lovely vernacular stone cottage sits on the northeast corner of a main intersection, West Plumb Lane and Hunter Lake Drive—in early days a part of Plumb Ranch. Edmund and Elizabeth Plumb arrived in Reno in the 1880s from England and acquired a large amount of acreage south of the budding town of Reno. Relatives soon followed to help work the farm. Nephew Harry Dewey Plumb married in 1925 and his new wife Florence joined him on the Plumb Ranch and they built the first wood farmhouse that burned, then in 1934 the stone house was built on the stone basement. In 2017, interior designer Sandra Kelly purchased the house. She had an affection for stone houses, as she had restored one in Southern California, creating an admired showplace. She loved the solid charm of this one and saw its possibilities. The home's possibilities have turned into amazing realities—a rustic and yet warm and inviting living space.