There are four confirmed Paul Revere Williams designs in Reno. All were initiated in the 1930s, when Reno society had many strong ties to the wealthy enclaves of Los Angeles, where Williams had many clients.
Luella Garvey House (1934): This lovely duplex at 599 California Avenue, with its Classical Revival style and French Regency accents, was one of Williams' first Nevada commissions and is listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
The Rafael Herman House (1935): Located at Rancho San Rafael Regional Park, this Classical Revival house was built for Dr. Rafael Herman and his brother Norman, who ran cattle on the property and visited infrequently from their permanent homes in Los Angeles. Now owned by Washoe County, the house is used for special events.
El Reno Apartments (1937): Fifteen of these individual pre-fabricated steel housing units, for which Williams served as consulting architect, were originally grouped together at 1307 South Virginia Street. Many of them were later moved throughout Reno, including one at 711 Mount Rose Street that is listed on Reno's Historic Register.
First Church of Christ, Scientist (1939): Located at 501 Riverside Drive, the Neoclassical Revival church building is listed on the City of Reno, State of Nevada, and National Registers of Historic Places. It is commonly known as the Lear Theater.
While the design of the Loomis Manor apartment building at 1045 Riverside Drive has sometimes been attributed to Paul Revere Williams, available evidence suggests that might not be the case.